Job Opening: Billing Coordinator
Summary: The Billing Coordinator is responsible for preparation and processing of monthly client billing, balancing and closing out the month/year, preparing departmental reports, acting as a liaison between attorneys and clients for billing and collection issues, and other duties as required. This position is a vital part of a small team that supports our attorneys.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compiles and bills attorney fees and expenses to clients
- Reviews and edits draft bills in response to attorney requests
- Processes unbilled fee and expense write-offs
- Requests and verifies accurate expense back-up to include with client bills as needed
- Maintains paid client invoice file, including relevant supporting documentation and correspondence
- Monitors client e-billing regarding budgets, appeals, and outstanding invoices for collection purposes
- Reports necessary actions that need to be taken regarding electronically billed client invoices (errors, missing budgets, appeals, missing matters)
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Researches and, if needed, work with billing attorneys and legal staff to respond to billing and collection inquiries
- Creates and maintains specialized reports and various other billing analyses as required
- Creates and prints final client billing
- Assists with special projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
- Supports the other Administrative staff as needed
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn new software, including Elite Enterprise and Sage Carpe Diem
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally with attorneys, legal staff, and clients
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments often under time pressures.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing working environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and working demands
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work occasional overtime as necessary to meet deadlines
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Business and/or office experience
The firm offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance, pension benefits, a 401(k) plan and more. On-the-job training will be provided.
A background check will be performed. If you are qualified and interested in the position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stuart & Branigin was founded in 1878 in Lafayette, Indiana. Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers provide trusted counsel to local, regional and national clients. Our firm is composed of five practice groups, Corporate and Non-Profit, Litigation, Personal Injury, Private Client Services, and Transportation.