Job Opening: Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Summary: The paralegal/legal assistant is a hybrid position combining the traditional functions of a paralegal (to support attorneys by conducting research, drafting legal documents, preparing cases for depositions, hearings, and trials) with the administrative duties of a legal secretary (corresponding with clients, calendaring, electronically filing legal documents, and maintaining electronic and physical files). The position is responsible for supporting multiple attorneys across varying practice groups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting, formatting, and redlining of various legal documents
- File preparation
- Organizing and maintaining physical and electronic files
- Time entry and billing review and coordination
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally with attorneys, legal staff, clients, and vendors
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments often under time pressures
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast‐paced, ever‐changing work environment
- Ability to be flexible and successfully adapt to changing priorities and working demands
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn new software including various e‐filing systems and practice management applications
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work infrequent overtime as necessary to meet deadlines
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of legal experience preferred
- Paralegal certification preferred
The firm offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance, pension benefits, a 401(k) plan, paid vacations, paid holidays, and more. On‐the‐job training will be provided.
A background check will be performed.
If you are qualified and interested in the position, please submit your resume to
Stuart & Branigin was founded in 1878 in Lafayette, Indiana. Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers provide trusted counsel to local, regional and national clients. Our firm is composed of five practice groups, Corporate and Non-Profit, Litigation, Personal Injury, Private Client Services, and Transportation.