We counsel employers and employees in all facets of the employment relationship.
Be prepared and knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the employment process.
We recognize that hiring a new employee and managing current employees can be overwhelming and stressful without a plan and process in place. Stuart & Branigin lawyers counsel employers in all facets of establishing, maintaining and terminating the employment relationship.
We are committed to reaching prompt and complete resolutions that allow employers to deal with employment issues quickly so they can focus on what matters most — their business and company culture.
Stuart & Branigin lawyers can assist with the following:
- Personnel policies and procedures
- Litigation and disputes
- Education, including faculty and teacher tenure issues
- Employee records
- Discipline and discharge
- Reduction-in-force strategies
- Noncompete, nondisclosure, separation, severance and other employment agreements
- Response to unemployment insurance claims
- Defense of worker’s compensation claims
- Response to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Indiana Civil Rights Commission charges
- Compliance with federal and state laws, including Title VII, wage and hour laws, Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Supervisor and employee training on proper hiring, discipline, firing, harassment prevention and proper investigation of employee grievances and harassment charges
- Workplace Safety, including OSHA and IOSHA compliance